Wanting to learn to shoot a gun

Topic by Hector

Hector

Home Forums Cool S~~~ & Fun Stuff Wanting to learn to shoot a gun

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Hector  Hector 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    +1
    Old Buck
    Old Buck
    Participant

take a look at the Astra A-75, A-80, CZ-75. The Beretta is OK but I like these others better.

I loved the CZ-75 & varients the most. Fit the best in the hand.

But the Glock was a little more accurate.

I second the motion to try a few out when you are at the range.

Also look at how easy it is for you to field strip (basic disassembly for cleaning: remove mag, release slide, pull the barrel & recoil spring).

If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

+1
    SoylentGeneration
    SoylentGeneration
    Participant

I personally carry the CZ 75 compact. I love it. One of my favorite hanguns. My favorites are the Colt1911, Browning Hi Power, CZ75, and Smith and Wesson 686.

You may like the more modern polymer wonders though, Glocks, Sig Sauer, Steyer, Smith and Wesson M&P line, ect. There is such a wide selection out there. If nothing else it will be fun. There are many good selections out there.

"We will meet in the place where there is no darkness" 1984

+1
    Xanthine
    xanthine
    Participant

Go to the gun store, look at a bunch of them. See how they all feel in your hand. Ask questions. Eventually you will know when you find the right one for you. No one else can do that but you.

I think you’ve made an excellent decision btw. My first gun was a Springfield xd9 9mm, i was pretty much in the exact position as you. 2 years later i have a variety of different guns and a lot more experience.

If you only ever get one gun, a good 9mm pistol is one of the best choices you can possibly make. Very capable round, yet cheap and widely available, and the gun itself is versatile enough to be used for almost any defensive scenario. Only thing i would add is a good rifle and shotgun, everything after that is just a bonus.

Delta2Foxtrot
    Delta2Foxtrot
    Participant

That’s not true! It actually works very well in most situations. You just have to be extra cautious about miss fire…

Hector
    Hector
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Tomorrow is G day, looking forward to it. After the 2 hour course, I’m heading to a armory to look at a used Beretta 92s which is at less than €300.

I’ll keep you updated on progress.

Cheers,
    H

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT