the need for asceticism

Topic by Asceticmonk

Asceticmonk

Home Forums MGTOW Central the need for asceticism

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Cú Chulainn  Cú Chulainn 2 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Asceticmonk
    Asceticmonk
    Participant

the need for asceticism

+5
    Faust For Science
    Faust For Science
    Participant

One cannot live by self-control alone. Eventually you will rage against the bars of your prison, even if those bars are intangible.

Even with self-control, if you are forced to be alone in a crowd whom only brings you pain, that self-control will break.

I find three facts which I think about that help keep me sane.

1. All things are in constant motion. The ‘status quo’ never truly exists. Change is always happening. This opens the chance for opportunities. A chance. Not a promise. But there is no promise in life, except for an end to life, for death.

2. The more well connected and wealthy a person is the more shortsighted the person is. They only see the means of their wealth as being the continuation of their wealth. They do not believe in rule one. They believe in the status quo. That is their weakness.

The wealthy and powerful mostly invest in intangible concepts of currency and stocks. Both of which can disappear at a moments notice in a collapse or political purge.

Those that are wealthy whom invest in land do so without realize the ownership of land only exists for what land a person can protect and how much land the locals will allow one to have. Without currency one cannot hire others to protect said land.

On the other hand, when the working poor see hard(er) times coming, they invest in tools and weapons. Items that are useful in almost any situation and can be used to gain power in a collapse.

3. Each of us will die. I do not say that as a curse, but as a comfort. No matter what happens, one will die. Nothing can stop death forever. Death comes to all. That means no prison, or enslave is forever. There is an end, if freedom is not found in this life, freedom will be found in the transition to entering the next life.

While death is the one concept that never truly changes, death is the one concept that truly respects change.

I am sure you all have thoughts you use to anchor you sanity.

Asceticmonk thread on the need for asceticism is a good start, but not the goal.

+1
    Ever5
    Ever5
    Participant

good stuff

Truth has no place to live in the mind of a woman.

+3
    Narrow road traveler
    narrow road traveler
    Participant

Very insightful interview. Orthodox Christians have valuable insights into the heart of man.

As Jesus said. To gain life, you must be willing to lose it. Freedom comes from being willing to lose material, and social status.

The above two concepts are why it’s suicidal to trust women with authority. Much of their internal thoughts are conserving those two things.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. --Sun Tsu

+1
    Cú Chulainn
    Cú Chulainn
    Participant

Nice video. A certain level of asceticism comes naturally to me, I’ve been living out of a bag most of the time since 1987. The times I settled with women and tried the rat race were the unhappiest periods, and the shortest. Nothing got my spirits up more than sitting in an airport on my bag, flying out to some dump and sleeping in many thousands of different bed spaces and living mostly with no personal items, save a watch and a toothbrush. I used to buy my clothes out there too. I was lucky enough to be issued a cheap mobile phone, but never rang home apart from Christmas. A pistol and a couple of mags and I was done. All I needed. I started taking a laptop because I was forced to by working circumstances, but I would’ve left it at home no problem if I could.

This odd little book is my favourite, written by an anonymous Russian pilgrim who walked around that vast country in the 19th Century, seeking a spiritual teacher to help him practice what St Paul said, to “pray continuously”. I won’t say how he got on, but the answer is simple and its a heartwarming tale of a ragged peasant, living on bread and salt and getting his real nourishment from within himself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT