Is the ability to down vote comming?

Topic by Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers

Home Forums MGTOW Central Is the ability to down vote comming?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Westcoasttrendkill  Westcoasttrendkill 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    +6
    Phoenix
    phoenix
    Participant

Why do we even have voting at all?

This isn’t facebook.

I have to concur. If anything, I’d prefer voting be removed entirely.

I’ve been posting on forums for decades. This vote thing didn’t exit until after facebook. The internet was a better place before facebook.

+3
    GregB0
    GregB0
    Participant

Holy S~~~! I agree with Joe twice in one week—I must be drunk! Yes that’s it!

The world is ending for sure!

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

+5
    Mana Knight
    Mana Knight
    Participant

I don’t think MGTOW.com is the place for downvoting.
    We may not agree on every aspect of everything, but the vast majority of conversations on here are handled respectfully. It seems a bit of a left winged speech suppression ideology like Twitter to have it.
    Feels out of place and divisive to be able to do that.

+2
    Old Sage
    Old Sage
    Participant

It would turn into the gong show.

Masculinity Good.Feminisim Bad.

+2
    Alchemist
    alchemist
    Participant

from the forum rules:

<h1>14.07.14 – Slightly Updated 01.02.2015</h1>
    <h2>Welcome to the MGTOW forums for registered Men only. </h2>
    Unlike Facebook, Yahoo or other websites where gynocentrics get “offended” when they don’t “like” something you type, you are welcome and encouraged to speak openly and freely with no restrictions. There are no silly and childish “abuse” buttons for women to push… because they are not even invited to read or comment.

I hope it stays that way because,

If this is something in the works it is a very bad idea

+4
    Stargazer
    Stargazer
    Participant

There used to be a downvote feature but it was removed due to exactly the type of abuses you guys have mentioned.

In a free marketplace of ideas, there’s no meed to kill bad ones… you just them die on their own.

+2
    Blade
    blade
    Participant

F~~~in hope not .

I will have all the sensetives on my arse .

Sensitives there are people that like my threads even if you don’t.

DON’T CREATE WHAT YOU ESCAPED LIKE A TUSKEN FEMINIST .

(above not used as to trigger it just popped in my head)

THE PLANTATION HAS NOW TURNED INTO THE KILLING FIELDS . WOMAN ARE NOW ROLLING CAMBODIAN STYLE .

+2
    Gargamel
    Gargamel
    Participant

I would take pride in deep red downvotes from c~~~s.

I would post a cat picture for every -1000 stars…

:::::: Feminism is the “terminator gene” of mankind ::::::
    +2
    Gargamel
    Gargamel
    Participant

from the forum rules:

<h1>14.07.14 – Slightly Updated 01.02.2015</h1>
    <h2>Welcome to the MGTOW forums for registered Men only. </h2>
    Unlike Facebook, Yahoo or other websites where gynocentrics get “offended” when they don’t “like” something you type, you are welcome and encouraged to speak openly and freely with no restrictions. There are no silly and childish “abuse” buttons for women to push… because they are not even invited to read or comment.

I hope it stays that way because,

If this is something in the works it is a very bad idea

That is what made me come here!

I think that the tuna removal immune system we currently have is not improvable.

Every troll has to pass the common sense judgment of all members at the same time and this hardly lets a smelly one get away.

:::::: Feminism is the “terminator gene” of mankind ::::::
    +2
    Skeptisk
    Skeptisk
    Participant

I’m a lazy f~~~, so I use the upvote as a ‘bookmark’ so I can scroll fast posts I’ve already read, so keep the upvote. The downvote is just a tool for trolls to start flamewars. One thing though, if Keymaster can implement it, is to mark posters gaining several hundred of upvotes in very short time. So, if/when they start s~~~, it should be easy to check if they’re legitimate or trolls.

"Expecting to find a decent woman on a dating site is like dumpster diving and expecting to come out with a gourmet meal." Won'tGetFooledAgain

+1
    Joller984
    Joller984
    Participant

I don’t think MGTOW.com is the place for downvoting.
    We may not agree on every aspect of everything, but the vast majority of conversations on here are handled respectfully. It seems a bit of a left winged speech suppression ideology like Twitter to have it.
    Feels out of place and divisive to be able to do that.

There used to be a downvote feature but it was removed due to exactly the type of abuses you guys have mentioned.

In a free marketplace of ideas, there’s no meed to kill bad ones… you just them die on their own.

Both upvoted. Not upvoting can be as affective as downvoting.

In a room full of men you can quickly pinpoint the c~~~ who’s spouting nonsense with zero upvotes.

Not always the case though, I admit.

The truth is like poetry and most people hate poetry.

+1
    Puffin Stuff
    Puffin Stuff
    Participant

I like the voting because I get a lot of likes and it makes me feel all warm and snuggely. Also it let’s me know if I’m on track with my posts.

If you guys are going to agree with each other please do that by private male as we don’t want to sound like an echo chamber with, “Wow, I agree with you”, “couldn’t have said it better myself” and the most common “you hit the nail on the head”.

/s

It’s nice to see friendships and comradery grow in men going their own way. I think that’s one of the great things about this site

Remember Thomas Ball. He died for your children.

Sandals
    Sandals
    Participant

I remember a while back the downvoating button was in affect for a day or so before Keymaster kept it permanately removed.

Jeez, now I feel like it’s still there, but it’s just a hidden element. That’s weird. I wonder if I can use the page inspector to set the attribute to visible…

To judge an man's intentions, do not listen to what he says, do not even look at what actions he takes, look only at the results he is getting.

+1
    Sandals
    Sandals
    Participant

I’m a lazy f~~~, so I use the upvote as a ‘bookmark’ so I can scroll fast posts I’ve already read, so keep the upvote. The downvote is just a tool for trolls to start flamewars. One thing though, if Keymaster can implement it, is to mark posters gaining several hundred of upvotes in very short time. So, if/when they start s~~~, it should be easy to check if they’re legitimate or trolls.

Are you the guy, then, who upticks every post? Not saying it’s wrong, just curious.

If you guys are going to agree with each other please do that by private male as we don’t want to sound like an echo chamber with, “Wow, I agree with you”, “couldn’t have said it better myself” and the most common “you hit the nail on the head”.

^^^ This. Totally concur.

To judge an man's intentions, do not listen to what he says, do not even look at what actions he takes, look only at the results he is getting.

Jim01
    Jim01
    Participant

I think just having a post count is a good idea – other forums do it and I prefer it to up or down voting

But hey ho, that is what women are great at doing; spoiling men’s fun

Sandals
    Sandals
    Participant

I think just having a post count is a good idea – other forums do it and I prefer it to up or down voting

Would that not lend itself to the exact abuse as a down vote count???

+1
    Westcoasttrendkill
    Westcoasttrendkill
    Participant

Downvoting seems like a copout. Instead of posting a rebuttal to keep the free floating exchange of ideas, it allows the lazy to act with power. Also, it would be a powerful tool for the Feminazis to come here and mess this up for us.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The MGTOW Forums are for registered red-pill Men only. There are no exceptions. All females may exit immediately. Have you read The MGTOW Forums Guidelines (Last Updated 2015.01.02)? Please check it occasionally. Before you submit a post, kindly remember you are an important representative of
MGTOW | Men Going Their Own Way.

Trigger Warning EMERGENCY EXIT